About the GCN/TAN
- A Brief Description
There are two parts to the GRB Coordinates Network (GCN) (TAN: Transient Astronomy Network):
(1) the real-time (and near real-time) distribution of GRB locations, images, spectra, & lightcurves,
(in < 2sec inside GCN) detected by various spacecraft (Swift, Fermi, MAXI, INTEGRAL, IPN, etc), and
(2) the distribution of follow-up observation reports submitted by the GRB/transient community.
- INVITATION to Join/Subscribe (Notices, Circulars, Reports)
An open invitation for GRB researchers and institutions to join GCN/TAN.
For people wishing to receive the GCN/TAN Notices, the required pieces
of information to set up an entry in the "sites.cfg" file are listed.
And for those individuals wanting to receive/submit GCN Circulars, those requirements
are also listed.
- Scientific Motivation and General Background Information on GRBs
The history and the importance of research into the nature of Gamma-Ray Bursts.
- GCN/TAN Sites and Links
The current observing sites participating in the GCN/TAN system are listed.
Links are provided when available.
- Who we are
The people that built and run the GCN/TAN system.
- What's new (01 Jun 17)
Brief descriptions of new capabilities and operational changes within the GCN/TAN system.
A Full Description of the GCN/TAN System:
- The Basic System Description,
- The Various Sources of GRB/transient Locations,
- Distribution Methods,
- Coordinates Accuracy,
- Improvements Made to the System,
- Future Improvements to the System,
- Detailed Technical Descriptions and Specifications,
- Related Services and Activities,
- Real-time Aspects of these Webpages.
Mission-Instrument Notices at-a-Glance
Clicking the links will take you to the Description/Documentation pages
and to the tables of archived past Notices.
The GCN/TAN contact is: Scott Barthelmy,
(or email@example.com if the Goddard email is down).
A service of the HEASARC at the
Astrophysics Science Division (ASD) at
Ask a High Energy Astronomer.
NASA-specific Questions? Try the
NASA Homepage or start at the
NASA site map.
Responsible NASA Official:
NASA Privacy Statement, Disclaimer, and Accessibility Certification
This file was last modified on
Friday, 28-Sep-2018 08:07:51 EDT